50 Long Distance Relationship Quotes To Make Your Love Feel Closer
50 Long Distance Relationship Quotes To Make Your Love Feel Closer
- Rahul C
- May 7, 2021
Thomas Haynes Bayly wrote, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." His quote is the perfect motto for any couple in a long-distance relationship.
If you want to know how you can express your love from a distance, sharing sweet love quotes and sayings like that can go a surprisingly long way.
But when all that separation and longing is for the sake of true love, there's no denying it’s worth it.
Of course, a long-distance relationship is not the ideal situation. But it always helps to hear from others who’ve gone through what you’re going through now.
These 50 heartfelt and inspiring long-distance relationship quotes encapsulate the full range of emotions two far-away lovers might feel.
Romantic long distance relationship quotes
1. "Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great." — Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
2. "I imagine a line, a white line, painted on the sand and on the ocean, from me to you." ― Jonathan Safran Foer
3. "I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)." — E.E. Cummings
4. "If you listen to the wind very carefully, you'll be able to hear me whisper my love for you." ― Andrew Davidson
5. "Love is missing someone when you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in the heart." — Kay Knudsen
6. "Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall." — Doug Fetherling
7. "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." — A.A. Milne, "Winnie the Pooh"
8. "Love knows no distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars." — Gilbert Parker
9. "I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only." — Montana Lee
10. "Morning without you is dwindled dawn." — Emily Dickinson
11. "I exist in two places, here and where you are." — Margaret Atwood
Margaret Atwood long distance relationship quote
12. "There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." — Mahatma Gandhi
13. "I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love in the years we were apart." — Nicholas Sparks
14. "The value of love is slowly lost when we have way too much. There is just no time to appreciate it. It is in times of separation and distance that you truly understand the meaning of love." — Tiffany Health
15. "Being close is the first and last desire of lovers, but being far and loving each other without an inch’s difference is the characteristic of real love." — Senora Ray
16. "The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know if they’ll miss you or forget about you." — Nicholas Sparks, "The Notebook"
17. "I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance." ― Steve Maraboli
18. "Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age." — John Dryden
19. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
20. "If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love." — Bernard Byer
21. "It seemed that we loved each other better when there were large swaths of two continents between us. The daily work of love was often hard to perform at home." — Aleksandar Hemon
Aleksandar Hemon long distance relationship quote
22. "Love is what you’ve been through with somebody." — James Thurber
23. "Sometimes I just sit in front of the computer dreaming. I have food in front of me but no appetite to eat it. All because my heart misses you and my mind is dreaming about you." — Sandra Toms
24. "That is when time stands still — when you watch the one you love, walk away." — Mallika Nawal
25. "Does distance really matter? You love your favorite actor, drool for your favorite singer, and await patiently for the next art from your favorite artist or writer. Why not the one you love?" — Jane Morsel
26. "Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful; it's for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love." — Meghan Daum
27. "I don't cry because we've been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we're still together." ― Donna Lynn Hope
28. "Distance does not break off the friendship absolutely, but only the activity of it." ― Aristotle
29. "Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness." — Albert Einstein
30. "Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change." — Ting Stores
31. "In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged." — Hans Nouwens
32. "Absence sharpens love. Presence strengthens it." — Thomas Fuller
Thomas Fuller long distance relationship quote
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join now for YourTango's trending articles, top expert advice and personal horoscopes delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
33. "Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough." — Meghan Daum
34. "In many ways, the art of love is largely the art of persistence." — Albert Ellis
35. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
36. "And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." — Khalil Gibran
37. "Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell." — Edna St. Vincent Millay
38. "This is the sad bed of chosen chastity because you are miles and mountains away." — Erica Jong
39. "Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches." — Miguel de Cervantes
40. "I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." — Vita Sackville-West
41. "As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence." — Alcibiades
42. "No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse."
43. "It’s not the distance that’s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms." — Livius Besski
Livius Besski long distance relationship quote
44. "The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence." — Edward Thomas
45. "But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby." — Lemony Snicket
46. "Time is the longest distance between two places." — Tennesse Williams
47. "I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him." — Jodi Picoult
48. "When something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone." — Robert Brault
49. "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." — Rainer Maria Rilke
50. "Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits." — Dee King
RELATED: 30 'Can't Wait To See You' Quotes To Send To The Person You Miss Most
Trending on YourTango:
YourTango brings together a community of readers, writers, thought leaders, and the world’s leading relationship and mental health experts in order to connect and engage where it matters most: the heart.
About The Author - Writer
Rahul is a very talented and versatile workaholic writer!